Last week’s post discussed the features and benefits of Ideal Industries’ newly released SignalTek CT test unit. This week, we will follow up by highlighting the advantages to owning one of Ideal’s new VDV II testers.
The VDV II Series of testers easily check the integrity of cabling most commonly found in commercial or industrial voice, data and/or video installations. This includes telephone wiring, data cabling, and video/security networks. It is well suited to test the following types of cables:
- Class D/E/EA
- Any twisted pair installation
Features of the VDV II are many, but among a few are:
- Accuracy – TDR provides cable length and measures distance to fault (VDV II Pro only).
- Fast – Pinpoints wiring errors instantly and automatically displays results on one screen.
- Smart – Intelligently determines which media is running over cables, such as ISDN, PBX, or PoE.
There are currently three different versions available for purchase: VDV II, VDV II Plus, and VDV II Pro.
The VDV II offers all standard copper testing including:
- Coax, RJ-11/12, and RJ-45
- Wiremapping, Splits, Opens and Shorts
- Analog Tone Generator
- Voltage Protection
- Shielded Cable Testing
- Single Screen Display of Results
The VDV II Plus offers all the features of the VDV II, as well as:
- Larger, backlit display
- Hub Blink Capability
- Cable Length
- Distance to Fault
- Carrying Case and Test Cables
The VDV II Pro offers all the features of the VDV II Plus as well as:
- Distance to Fault (TDR)
- PoE Detection with Voltage Information
- Media Service Detection
- Ethernet Detection with Network Rate and Duplex Information