Ever wonder how “in demand” you really are? A recent survey from RCR magazine ranked desirable skills in the telecom industry based on job postings recently advertised online. The results below just may help you quantify your future marketability!
- WAN/LAN and wireless administration. Specifically as it relates to equipment (routers, switches and gateways).
- Professional certifications, with BICSI being the most specified.
- WAN protocol knowledge.
- Cabling installation standards familiarity; specifically ETSI and EIA/TIA.
- Proficient to excellent documentation skills; some of which may be standards based.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with multiple telecom systems (i.e. VoIP, telephony, and cellular networks).
- The ability to execute Quality of Service (QoS) features.
- A broad and profound understanding of relevant metrics for all telecommunications networks.
The read the complete article, click here.